Finding Awesome Niches and Topic Ideas For Your Dream Website
Welcome to my training guide for creating websites, this article is based around your niche and blog topic ideas. I have created a series of ten free tutorials to help you start a blog and business with zero fuss.
Let's discuss niches and blog topic ideas in greater detail...
Most people have a passion about something or other. I've found that the easiest way to identify this is to ponder on what you love doing the most.
Once you've identified your burning passion, you'll be amazed how easily it can be transferred into a niche to create a blog with the view to make a passive income.
Is there anything holding you back from your dream?
You might think the internet has had its day and there's no room for you - if that's you, then I'd suggest that you think again because the internet is in its beginnings.
You might think you're too young or too old - lol think again because anyone can do this even a child.
It's never too late to start anything!
Today, we’re going to cover the following topics:
- 1. How To Identify Great Blog Niche Ideas
- 2. Making
A Profitable Website!
- 3. What If You Can’t Find A Niche Or A passion?
- 4. Finding An Affiliate Marketer For Your Niche
- 5. More Steps To Creating The Perfect Website
1. How to Identify Great Blog Topic Ideas
To put it bluntly, a niche is something your interested in and it’s something you feel you can write about for months to come.
Some of us often love lots of topics so if you’re one of them, then I’m going to breakdown how to choose the best for you.
To get start let’s look at these questions and try to answer them honestly:
- Game Controllers
- Gaming Chairs
- Body Building
- DOTA championships
Here are some good questions to ask yourself before starting:
- 1. Can you envision yourself writing about this topic in 6 months or a year?
- 2. Can you commit to creating at least 2 articles per week?
- 3. Do you feel you can add value to the online community?
- 4. Could you maybe create something unique?
Breaking down topic ideas:
- Arts: movies, music, television, drawing, scrapbook
- Games: video games, RPGs, gambling, electronics, phones
- Kids: babies, toddlers, teens, schools, homeschooling
- Shopping: clothes, food, gifts
- Business: jobs, real estate, investing, banking, debt, political issues, farming
- Health: vegan, vegetarian, raw, fitness, cooking, alternative medicine, illnesses
- Society: people, family, religion, world news, cultures, dating, education
- Computers: internet, software, hardware
- Recreation: indoor sports, outdoor sports, traveling, entertainment, pets, specific animal breeds, museums
- Home: diy, gardening, painting, decorating, cooking, cleaning, crafts, sewing
- Science: viruses, latest outbreaks, biology, psychology, physics, anything medical
3. What If You Can’t Find A Niche Or A Passion?
If you happen to be one of those that can’t come up with a niche, but still want to create a website, then Wealthy Affiliate offers full training for you to promote their University. You will need to complete the initial Certificate Course training and afterwards go through their BootCamp.
Bootcamp isn’t necessary to complete if you don’t intend to promote Wealthy Affiliate, though I do believe you can learn from it and it will benefit any niche you choose.
You only need to own one niche to get started, as time progresses you could venture into others. The plus side to owning one niche means you can put all your effort into that one topic.
Often times, creating your first niche might make you realize you should have chosen another topic. This was the case with myself; I eventually became good at WordPress, designing and creating content that a time came for me to step into teaching others how to do it.
Even if you plan not to promote Wealthy Affiliate, I’d recommend everyone to take the BootCamp course after finishing the Certificate Course. It puts you on a whole new level and is included in the premium membership.
4. Finding Affiliate Marketers For Your Niche
If you know your niche, you might decide against using Amazon due to their commissions being quite low. If this is you, then type in Google’s search bar ‘your niche’ + ‘affiliate programs, ie baby diapers + affiliate programs. This will surprise you just how many high commission affiliates there are out there.
I would however, advise you to not rule at Amazon out since many people prefer to shop there these days.
Don’t worry if this is making little or no sense, I will explain more about making money further on in my training lessons.
Amazon and Dmoz are also awesome places to search and narrow down niches.
To crack Amazon, you will need to find a semi-untapped niche and concentrate on creating unique reviews about the product you choose.
Notice how many topic ideas there are within this specific niche.
We are now going to narrow it further, click on Autos, again notice how many topic ideas there are within this niche. Now click on Makes and Models and then BMW; this is how we narrow topic ideas into sub niches.
You now need to pat yourself on the back because you’re now fully conversed in the rinse and repeat program within any topic you might be passionate about!
For more information go to:
- Quick Start Guide: 13 Steps How To Start A Blog Using WordPress & Make Money Easily
- 1-10 Lesson Plan: How To Start A Website – WOW Full Lesson Plan For Beginners
And There You Have It All
It doesn't matter how much blogging experience you have, you will always start where you're at and what you currently know. Eventually as your revenue increases, you'll gradually be able to dump the full-time employment to blog full-time on your site.
Just that thought a lone sounds so awesome!